Videos have the power to inform and entertain people and, good or bad, today many people prefer to watch a video rather than reading a page of text. Video is a universal language for communicating information you want someone to know or understand, including that of your employees.
The ‘Watch a Video’ activity on the GaggleAMP platform helps to inform your fellow teammates with everything from product videos to internal updates, humorous snippets to educational content, and even the occasional cat video. This can be really helpful when you need to communicate an important message, highlight something within your workplace, communicate departmental updates, and so much more. Some common videos shown using the ‘Watch a Video’ activity include:
- New product features or updates
- Educational content, like training videos or partner promotions
- Department updates
- Knowledge base videos, like the one you see below
- Customer stories or promotional content
- Executive briefings
- Internal training on your Gaggle (e.g. launching gamification to Members or promoting gamification winners)
Scheduling a ‘Watch a Video’ Activity
From the Manager view on your dashboard under ‘Home’ or ‘Activities,’ click ‘New Activity’ in the upper right corner. Scroll down to the ‘Communication’ section and locate the ‘Watch a Video’ activity and click ‘Create.’
A pop-up will appear in which you can curate the details of the video you want your Members to watch.
When creating the activity, there are a number of items you can include. While not all fields are mandatory, they can be helpful.
1. Link: The URL of the video you want the Members to watch. Video- Members to watch
2. Title: When the content is served to the Member as an activity to complete, this title will be included in the request. You can choose to use the title that is automatically pulled in from the URL here or provide your own title.
3. Send to Member Groups: If you would like the activity to be sent to all Members in your Gaggle, leave this field blank. However, if you would like to position this activity to only specific Member Groups, you can choose which Member Groups will receive this activity here. An example of a Member Group might be Executive Leadership, Sales Teams, Product Managers, or many others.
4. Post to Channels: Like the Member Groups, you can choose to only post this activity to members of specific Channels.
1. If you leave this field blank, all Members in your program will receive this ‘Watch a Video’ activity.
2. If you select specific Channels, only Members of those channels will receive this ‘Watch a Video’ activity.
3, If you select both ‘Send to Member Groups’ and ‘Post to Channels,’ for a Member to see the activity, they need to be in both the Member Group and the Channel.
5. Start/End Time: Choose the Start and End date based on when you want your ‘Read an Article’ activity to be completed. For the start time, if you do not select a date, it will be an activity that is available to your Members within a few minutes. Likewise, the end time is when the activity ends. At that time, the activity will expire and will no longer be displayed on the Member's activity listing.
Note: The ‘Start’ and ‘End’ times are based on the configured time zone of the manager creating the activity at the time of creation. Other Managers and Members will see these times converted in their configured time zones.
6. Points: Each activity can be assigned a point value that contributes to the leaderboard and rewards (should you use rewards).
7. Campaign: If you leverage grouping your activities into Campaigns, use the drop down menu to select the campaign that this activity supports. The ‘Watch a Video’ activity can be featured and enabling this will position the post at the top of the Members Activities feed.
Interacting With a ‘Watch a Video' Activity as a Member
Once a ‘Watch a Video’ activity has been posted, it will appear in the Member activities feed located under ‘Activities’ in ‘Things to do’. Should the Member choose to do this activity, they simply click ‘Watch Video.’
Once ‘Watch Video’ has been clicked, it will take the Member to the URL provided in the activity for the Member to consume.
Note: There is no interaction with a social network with this type of activity. Members solely view the content. As such, performing the activity is credited by simply clicking on the ‘Watch Video’ button. There is no method built-in to confirm the video was actually watched.
From the Mobile home screen, a Member can simply click ‘Watch Video’ from their Activities under ‘My Feed’ or ‘Discover’ to access the URL of the video they are to watch.
At this time a Manager can create new activities from their Mobile device using the ‘Send to Gaggle’ feature.
Managers Who Read This Article Also Liked: