Employee advocacy solutions like GaggleAMP pack such a powerful punch because every department on every team has the opportunity to participate. And, with higher participation it's likely a potential client, investor, potential partner, or future employee will also see your activity on social media. In fact, according to a popular social recruiting platform 86% of job seekers use social media in their job search. And, nearly 50% of job seekers tend to read employee reviews about a company on sites like Facebook, Glassdoor, and LinkedIn to get a better sense of fit, culture, and equality.
Through a variety of activity types, you can help your Members share job posts that may be relevant to their network. And, you can ask for an internal activity like completing a Glassdoor review as well.
Let’s take a look at creating an internal activity for a Glassdoor review.
Scheduling a Glassdoor Review Activity
From the Manager view on your dashboard under ‘Activities,’ click ‘New Activity’ in the upper right corner. Scroll down to the ‘Recruiting’ section, locate the ‘Review’ activity for Glassdoor, and click ‘Create.’
A pop-up will appear in which you can curate the details of the Glassdoor review activity you want your Members to do.
When creating the activity, there are a number of items you can include. While not all fields are mandatory, they can be helpful.
1. Link: The URL of the Company Glassdoor Page you want your Members to place their reviews on.
2. Description: When the content is served to the Member as an activity to complete, the description will default to ‘Please write a review about our company.’ You can also choose to provide your own information to let the Member know why they are providing this Glassdoor review.
3. Send to Member Groups: If you would like the activity to be sent to all Members in your Gaggle, leave this field blank. However, if you would like to position this activity to only specific Member Groups, you can choose which Member Groups will receive this activity here. An example of a Member Group might be Executive Leadership, Sales Teams, Product Managers, or many others.
4. Post to Channels: Like the Member Groups, you can choose to only post this activity to specific Channels.
- If you leave this field blank, all Members in your program will receive this ‘Glassdoor Review’ activity.
- If you select specific Channels, only Members of those channels will receive this ‘Glassdoor Review’ activity.
- If you select both ‘Send to Member Groups’ and ‘Post to Channels,’ for a Member to see the activity, they need to be in both the Member Group and the Channel.
5. Start/End Time: Choose the Start and End date based on when you want your activity to be completed. For the start time, if you do not select a date, it will be an activity that is available to your Members within a few minutes. Likewise, the end time is when the activity ends. The activity will expire at that time and no longer be displayed on the Member's activity listing.
Note: The ‘Start’ and ‘End’ times are based on the configured time zone of the manager creating the activity at the time of creation. Other Managers and Members will see these times converted in their configured time zones.
6. Points: Each activity can be assigned a point value that contributes to the leaderboard and rewards (should you use rewards).
7. Campaign: If you leverage grouping your activities into Campaigns, use the drop-down menu to select the campaign that this activity supports. The ‘Glassdoor Review’ activity can be featured and enabling this will position the post at the top of the Members activities feed.
Interacting With a ‘Glassdoor Review' Activity as a Member
Once a ‘Glassdoor Review’ activity has been posted, it will appear in the Member activities feed located under ‘Activities’ - ‘Things to do’ section. Should the Member choose to do this activity, they simply click ‘Review on Glassdoor.
Once ‘Review on Glassdoor’ has been clicked, it will take the Member to the Glassdoor page to provide a review on Glassdoor.
From the Mobile home screen, a Member can simply click ‘Review on Glassdoor’ from their Activities under ‘My Feed’ or ‘Discover’ to access the URL of the video they are to watch.
At this time a Manager can create new activities from their Mobile device using the ‘Send to Gaggle’ feature.
Note: This is an activity type that is not posted to social media but is rather asking the Member to perform certain actions. As such, the reporting on this type of activity on the All Activity Report is limited to:
- Messages started - the number of Activities created
- Messages active - the number of Activities created that are still active in the Gaggle and can be performed
- Shares - the count of how many Members clicked the ‘Review on Glassdoor’ button, without knowing if they did or did not complete the actual Glassdoor review
- Refusals - the number of Members that refused the Glassdoor Review
Since this is seen as an activity that is not performed on social media, the ‘Activity by Social Network’ will be zero for all Glassdoor Review activities, as will reach, social interactions, and clicks.
Managers Who Read This Article Also Liked: