Has your company, or even a colleague, ever been part of a contest and wished there was an easy way to communicate to others that you would appreciate their vote? Well, the ‘Vote’ activity join GaggleAMP can help with just that. Let’s take a look at how to use it.
Creating a ‘Vote’ Activity
From the Manager view on your dashboard or under ‘Activities,’ click ‘New Activity’ in the upper right corner. Scroll down to the ‘Grassroots Marketing’ section, locate the ‘Vote’ activity, and click ‘Create.’
A pop-up will appear in which you can curate the details of the item you want your Members to vote on.
When creating the activity, there are a number of items you can include. While not all fields are mandatory, they can be helpful.
1. Link (required): The URL or location where the vote is taking place. This is key as the Member needs to know where to ‘vote.’
2. Title: When the content is served to the Member as an activity to complete, this title will be included in the request. You can choose to use the title that is automatically pulled in from the URL here or provide your own title. In the instance where there are multiple votes taking place, it is helpful to include here the name of the item you need their vote on. To use your own title, click on the ‘Provide Your Own Title’ link and the Title field will become editable.
3. Instructions: Provide specific instructions to your Members on how to complete the action after GaggleAMP brings them to the link.
4. Send to Member Groups: If you would like the activity to be sent to all Members in your Gaggle, leave this field blank. However, if you would like to position this activity to only specific Member Groups, you can choose which Member Groups will receive this activity here. An example of a Member Group might be Executive Leadership, Sales Teams, Product Managers, or many others.
5. Post to Channels: Like the Member Groups, you can choose to only post this activity to specific Channels.
- If you leave this field blank, all Members in your program will receive this ‘Vote’ activity.
- If you select specific Channels, only Members of those channels will receive this ‘Vote’ activity.
- If you select both ‘Send to Member Groups’ and ‘Post to Channels,’ for a Member to see the activity, they need to be in both the Member Group and the Channel.
6. Start/End Time: Choose the Start and End date based on when you want your activity to be completed. For the start time, if you do not select a date, it will be an activity that is available to your Members within a few minutes. Likewise, the end time is when the activity ends. The activity will expire at that time and no longer be displayed on the Member's activity listing.
Note: The ‘Start’ and ‘End’ times are based on the configured time zone of the manager creating the activity at the time of creation. Other Managers and Members will see these times converted in their configured time zones.
7. Points: Each activity can be assigned a point value that contributes to the leaderboard and rewards (should you use rewards).
8. Campaign: If you leverage grouping your activities into Campaigns, use the drop-down menu to select the campaign that this activity supports. The ‘Vote’ activity can be featured and enabling this will position the post at the top of the Members activities feed.
Interacting With a ‘Vote' Activity as a Member
Once a ‘Vote’ activity has been posted, it will appear in the Member activities feed located under ‘Activities’ in the ‘Things to Do’ tabs. Should the Member choose to do this activity, they simply click ‘Vote Now.
Once ‘Vote Now’ has been clicked, it will take the Member to the URL provided in the activity for the Member to consume.
Note: There is no interaction with a social network with this type of activity. Members solely view the content. As such, performing the activity is credited by simply clicking on the ‘Vote Now’ button. There is no method built-in to confirm the vote was actually conducted.
From the Mobile home screen, a Member can simply click ‘Vote Now’ from their Activities under ‘My Feed’ or ‘Discover’ to access the URL of the item they are to vote on.
Still have questions? Contact your Customer Success Manager or Submit a Support Ticket and we’d be happy to help!
Managers Who Read This Article Also Liked: