Instagram is a visual network of images and videos that Members can interact with. The network allows users to connect with brands, celebrities, thought leaders and more by following their content or searching for content through hashtags. It can also be a very lucrative network for your Members to engage with posts by leaving comments from their own personal Instagram handles.
Let’s take a look at the Instagram Comment activity.
Creating an ‘Instagram Comment’ Activity
From the Manager view on your dashboard under ‘Home’ or ‘Activities,’ click ‘New Activity’ in the upper right corner. Scroll down to the ‘Instagram’ section and locate the ‘Comment’ activity and click ‘Create.’
A pop-up will appear in which you can curate the details of the Instagram post you want your Members to comment on.
When creating the activity, there are a number of items you can include. While not all fields are mandatory, they can be helpful.
- Link (required): The URL of the Instagram post you want your Members to comment on.
- Description: Any instructions or helpful information your Members need to know should appear here. This will appear alongside the request to comment on the content in your Members activity feed.
- Send to Member Groups:If you would like the activity to be sent to all Members in your Gaggle, leave this field blank. However, if you would like to position this activity to only specific Member Groups, you can choose which Member Groups will receive this activity here. An example of a Member Group might be Executive Leadership, Sales Teams, Product Managers, or many others.
- Post to Channels: Like the Member Groups, you can choose to only post this activity to specific Channels.
- If you leave this field blank, all Members in your program will receive this ‘Comment’ activity.
- If you select specific Channels, only Members of those channels will receive this ‘Comment’ activity.
- If you select both ‘Send to Member Groups’ and ‘Post to Channels,’ for a Member to see the activity, they need to be in both the Member Group and the Channel.
- Start/End Time: Choose the Start and End date based on when you want your activity to be completed. For the start time, if you do not select a date, it will be an activity that is available to your Members within a few minutes. Likewise, the end time is when the activity ends. At that time, the activity will expire and will no longer be displayed on the Member's activity listing.
Note: The ‘Start’ and ‘End’ times are based on the configured time zone of the manager creating the activity at the time of creation. Other Managers and Members will see these times converted in their configured time zones.
- Points: Each activity can be assigned a point value that contributes to the leaderboard and rewards (should you use rewards).
- Campaign: If you leverage grouping your activities into Campaigns, use the drop-down menu to select the campaign that this activity supports. The ‘Like’ activity can be featured and enabling this will position the post at the top of the Members activities feed.
Interacting With an Instagram ‘Comment’ Activity as a Member
Once an Instagram ‘Comment’ activity has been posted, it will appear in the Member activities feed located under ‘Activities’ in the ‘Things to do’ section. Should the Member choose to do this activity, they simply click ‘Comment on Instagram.’
Once ‘Comment on Instagram’ has been clicked, points for this activity will be awarded upon the button click. The Member will be directed to the post on Instagram where they can provide a comment. This is an activity that will direct the Member where to provide a comment but it will be up to the Member to follow through and provide the comment.
Note: The Member must have their Instagram account connected in order to receive the points for this activity, even though this activity rewards points on the button click.
From the Mobile home screen, a Member can simply click ‘Comment on Instagram’ from their Activities under ‘My Feed’ to leave their comment on the Instagram post.
Still have questions? Contact your Customer Success Manager or Submit a Support Ticket and we’d be happy to help!