When you think about employee advocacy, it’s easy to associate the actions employees take as social engagements and interactions. But employee advocacy platforms like GaggleAMP can also position content to share with employees to engage with for internal purposes. For instance, the ‘Read an Article’ activity in GaggleAMP allows you to direct Members to a piece of content you want them to read.
This can be really helpful when you have a piece of content you want someone to read and you can tie it to your gamification efforts in your employee advocacy program. Some common pieces of content the ‘Read an Article’ activity can help with include:
- Blog posts
- Case studies
- Annual reports
- Market data or trend reports
- Industry reports
- Internal documents you need or want the staff to consume
Scheduling a Read an Article Activity
From the Manager view on your dashboard under ‘Home’ or ‘Activities,’ click ‘New Activity’ in the upper right corner. Scroll down to the ‘Communication’ section and locate the ‘Read an Article’ activity and click ‘Create.’
A pop-up will appear in which you can curate the content you want your Members to read.
When creating the activity, there are a number of items you can include. While not all fields are mandatory, they can be helpful.
- Link: The URL of the article you want the Members to read.
- Title: When the content is served to the Member as an activity to complete, this title will be included in the request. You can choose to use the title that is automatically pulled in from the URL here or provide your own title.
- Send to Member Groups: If you would like the activity to be sent to all Members in your Gaggle, leave this field blank. However, if you would like to position this activity to only specific Member Groups, you can choose which Member Groups will receive this activity here. An example of a Member Group might be Executive Leadership, Sales Teams, Product Managers, or many others.
- Post to Channels: Like the Member Groups, you can choose to only post this activity to specific Channels.
- If you leave this field blank, all Members in your program will receive this ‘Read an Article’ activity.
- If you select specific Channels, only Members of those channels will receive this ‘Read an Article’ activity.
- If you select both ‘Send to Member Groups’ and ‘Post to Channels,’ for a Member to see the activity, they need to be in both the Member Group and the Channel.
- Start/End Time: Choose the Start and End date based on when you want your ‘Read an Article’ activity to be completed. For the start time, if you do not select a date, it will be an activity that is available to your Members within a few minutes. Likewise, the end time is when the activity ends. At that time, the activity will expire and will no longer be displayed on the Member's activity listing.
Note: The ‘Start’ and ‘End’ times are based on the configured time zone of the manager creating the activity at the time of creation. Other Managers and Members will see these times converted in their configured time zones.
- Points: Each activity can be assigned a point value that contributes to the leaderboard and rewards (should you use rewards).
- Campaign: If you leverage grouping your activities into Campaigns, use the drop down menu to select the campaign that this activity supports. The ‘Read an Article’ activity can be featured and enabling this will position the post at the top of the Members Activities feed.
Interacting With a ‘Read an Article' Activity as a Member
Once a ‘Read an Article’ activity has been posted, it will appear in the Member activities feed located under ‘Activities’ in ‘My Feed’. Should the Member choose to do this activity, they simply click ‘Read an Article.’
Once ‘Read an Article’ has been clicked, it will take the Member to the URL provided in the activity for the Member to consume.
Note: There is no interaction with a social network with this type of activity. Members solely view the content. As such, performing the activity is credited by simply clicking on the ‘Read an Article” button. There is no method built-in to confirm the article was actually read.
From the Mobile home screen, a Member can simply click ‘Read an Article’ from their Activities under ‘My Feed’ to access the URL of the article or content they are to read.
At this time a Manager can create new activities from their Mobile device using the ‘Send to Gaggle’ feature.
Managers Who Read This Article Also Liked: