As a Gaggle Manager you can now set preferences under ‘Gaggle Settings’ to customize and automate your Gaggle in a way that best suits your employee advocacy program. This will help you to save time and empower you to manage your Gaggle more effectively. You can go back and adjust these settings anytime.
How to Manage Preferences as a Gaggle Manager?
Select ‘Gaggle Settings’ from the dropdown menu.
Go to ‘Preferences.’
Once you are here you can set your preferences for the following:
Here you will have the authority to enable or disabled access to basic Gaggle features for your Members by using the toggles next to each feature. Please note that these features are enabled by default when you first log in.
- Member Leaderboard: When enabled, Members have access to the Leaderboard and can participate in any Member Rewards Program that you have. If you disable this feature, Members will lose access to the Leaderboard and Member Rewards Program.
- Member’s “Select All Schedulable Activities” checkbox: When this feature is enabled, Member’s will have access to “Select All Schedulable Activities” checkbox and they can schedule all Activities that allow scheduling with just one click. However, sometimes this capability leads to an unexpected number of Activities being scheduled at the same time. If you want your Members to complete or schedule Activities over a spread of time you can choose to disable this feature, which will effectively remove access to the “Select All Schedulable Activities” checkbox on the Member’s side.
- Enable Channels: The Channels feature allows you to segment Activities and Conversations for specific groups in your company. If your employee advocacy program does not require segmentation of content for specific groups, you can disable this feature. This will help in decluttering the UI by hiding all Channel-related elements.
Gaggle-level Configuration Defaults
This section allows you to set default value preferences for Activities that you create in your Gaggle. With this configuration, every time you create an Activity, it will contain these defaults. You still can change these values manually when you are creating an activity, too.
The default options include:
- Default Point Value for New Activities: This allows you to set the default point value of an activity at 5,10, and 15.
- Default Activity Duration: This allows you to set the default duration for which Activities will be available to the Members to complete between 1-14 days.
- Default Activity Options: Here you can enable the default option by checking the blue box for:
- Shortening Links - Automatically shorten all links added to an Activity.
- Allow Editing - Enabling this will allow Members to edit the post before sharing.
- Enable Tracking - By enabling tracking, you can track the performance of the scheduled activity.
- Feature Activity - Enabling this will automatically feature Activities on top of the Member’s list with an orange box around it to highlight it. If you do not wish to Feature an Activity automatically, you can disable this feature here, and decide which Activities should be featured when you are creating them.
Member-level Configuration Defaults
Here you can set default “Account Settings” configurations for all newly created user accounts in your Gaggle. This can come in handy until Members are trained to use their Gaggle and are ready to decide on their own settings.
Settings Related to Activities
- Notify me when Activities are available: Enabling this feature will by default send an email to Members when new Activities are added to the Gaggle.
Note: If you choose to disable this setting, it will turn off all notifications.
- Frequency of the email notifications: Immediately, Daily, Twice a Week, or Weekly.
- Activities for which you would you like the Member to be notified: Here you can determine if a Member needs to receive all Channel activities, only the Channels they follow, or any available content regardless if they are a member in the Channel or not.
- Should Members to be notified about Activities they have already viewed? Selecting no means they will not be notified about the activity again. With an affirmative response, they will.
MS Teams Notifications
If you use MS Teams in your company and have a GaggleAMP Integration, you can enable this feature to send notifications to your Members when new Activities are created. You can choose this notification to be sent between Hourly, Daily, or Weekly. Selecting ‘disable’ will remove Teams notifications.
If you use Slack in your company and have a GaggleAMP Integration, you can enable this feature to send notifications to your Members when new Activities are created. Like with MS Teams, notifications can be set to Hourly, Daily, or Weekly and by ‘disabling’ this setting, your member will receive no Slack notifications.
Enabling this feature will immediately send an email notification to your Members when an urgent Activity is created.
Enabling this feature will allow your Members to receive a notification immediately when a new Conversation is published in Channel or by a Member they follow. You can choose the following factors that may influence the notification here:
- Frequency for this notification - Immediately, Daily, Twice a week, or Weekly.
- Immediate notification when a Conversation created by the Member receives a comment.
- When a Manager decided to promote a Conversation created by the Member.
Enabling this feature will allow your Members to receive a notification when they receive an invitation.
Select the default Channels you would like your new Members to be a part of as soon as they join the Gaggle.
Preferences are all saved as you make the selection.