When curating content for your employee advocacy program, it’s important to remember that your employees may be on more than one network. That’s why GaggleAMP offers over 50 different activities on a variety of social networks like LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Xing, and more. This gives your Members access to a variety of content they can engage with. This variety improves the ability to increase your reach by ensuring there is coverage on the networks where your Members have a presence.
One of the activities growing in popularity is the ‘Instagram Like’ activity. It can be used to like a post on Instagram to elevate:
- Your company content
- Your executives’ content
- Your coworkers’ or partners’ content
- An industry-relevant contact or prospect
- A message or post that resonates with your brand
...and so much more!
Scheduling an ‘Instagram Like’ Activity
From the Manager view on your dashboard under ‘Home’ or ‘Activities,’ click ‘New Activity’ in the upper right corner. Scroll down to the ‘Instagram’ section and locate the ‘Like’ activity and click ‘Create.’
A pop-up will appear in which you can curate the details of the Instagram activity you want your Members to ‘like.’
When creating the activity, there are a number of items you can include. While not all fields are mandatory, they can be helpful.
- Link: The URL of the Instagram post you want the Members to like.
- Description: When the content is served to the Member as an activity to complete, the description will default to ‘Please like this Instagram’ but you can also choose to provide your own information to let the Member know why they are liking this Instagram post. This is particularly helpful when you have a Member liking third-party content and the relevance may not be clear.
- Send to Member Groups:If you would like the activity to be sent to all Members in your Gaggle, leave this field blank. However, if you would like to position this activity to only specific Member Groups, you can choose which Member Groups will receive this activity here. An example of a Member Group might be Executive Leadership, Sales Teams, Product Managers, or many others.
- Post to Channels: Like the Member Groups, you can choose to only post this activity to specific Channels.
- If you leave this field blank, all Members in your program will receive this ‘Instagram Like’ activity.
- If you select specific Channels, only Members of those channels will receive this ‘Instagram Like’ activity.
- If you select both ‘Send to Member Groups’ and ‘Post to Channels,’ for a Member to see the activity, they need to be in both the Member Group and the Channel.
- Start/End Time: Choose the Start and End date based on when you want your ‘Read an Article’ activity to be completed. For the start time, if you do not select a date, it will be an activity that is available to your Members within a few minutes. Likewise, the end time is when the activity ends. At that time, the activity will expire and will no longer be displayed on the Member's activity listing.
Note: The ‘Start’ and ‘End’ times are based on the configured time zone of the manager creating the activity at the time of creation. Other Managers and Members will see these times converted in their configured time zones.
- Points: Each activity can be assigned a point value that contributes to the leaderboard and rewards (should you use rewards).
- Campaign: If you leverage grouping your activities into Campaigns, use the drop down menu to select the campaign that this activity supports. The ‘Instagram Like’ activity can be featured and enabling this will position the post at the top of the Members activities feed.
Interacting With an ‘Instagram Like' Activity as a Member
Once an ‘Instagram Like’ activity has been posted, it will appear in the Member activities feed located under ‘Activities’ in ‘Things to Do’. Should the Member choose to do this activity, they simply click ‘Like on Instagram.’
Once ‘Like on Instagram’ has been clicked, it will take the Member to the Instagram post provided in the activity for the Member to consume.
From the Mobile home screen, a Member can simply click ‘Like on Instagram’ from their Activities under ‘My Feed’ to access the post they are to like.
At this time a Manager can create new activities from their Mobile device using the ‘Send to Gaggle’ feature.
Managers Who Read This Article Also Liked: