LinkedIn is an immensely powerful network to share content and discuss different topics, but sometimes you have a need to use your own video alongside that content. An example of this would be in leveraging a customer video alongside a case study. That’s where the LinkedIn video activity comes in handy.
Let’s take a look at how to create this activity for your Members.
Creating a LinkedIn ‘Video’ Activity
From the Manager view on your dashboard under ‘Activities,’ click ‘New Activity’ in the upper right corner.
Scroll down to the ‘LinkedIn’ section and locate the ‘Video’ activity and click ‘Create.’
A pop-up will appear in which you can curate the details of the LinkedIn activity you want your Members to interact with.
When creating the activity, there are a number of items you can include. While not all fields are mandatory, they can be helpful.
1. Message (required): Here you will create any messaging you want to appear on the actual post on LinkedIn. This will be posted the way it is written and it will look like the Member wrote it themselves.
If you choose to include a link in the Message field, it will automatically be shortened to a gag.gl link, a GaggleAMP link that tracks the performance of the link.
Note: GaggleAMP does offer custom link shorteners as an add-on. Ask your Customer Success Manager for more details
2. Video: Click within this box to find and select a video file on your computer, or drag and drop the video you would like your Members to share.
3. Video Requirements and Limitations: Only video files uploaded to the activity that meet the requirements listed here will be accepted. If any requirements are unmet or exceeded, the file will be rejected.
4. Send to Member Groups: If you would like the activity to be sent to all Members in your Gaggle, leave this field blank. However, if you would like to position this activity to only specific Member Groups, you can choose which Member Groups will receive this activity here. An example of a Member Group might be Executive Leadership, Sales Teams, Product Managers, or many others.
Pro-Tip: This option is only available if your Gaggle has created one or more Member Groups.
5. Post to Channels: Like the Member Groups, you can choose to only post this activity to specific Channels.
Pro-Tip: This option is only available if your Gaggle has created one or more Channels.
a. If you leave this field blank, all Members in your program will receive this ‘Video’ activity.
b. If you select specific Channels, only Members of those channels will receive this ‘Video’ activity.
c. If you select both ‘Send to Member Groups’ and ‘Post to Channels,’ for a Member to see the activity, they need to be in both the Member Group and the Channel.
6. Start/End Time: Choose the Start and End date based on when you want your activity to be completed. For the start time, if you do not select a date, it will be an activity that is available to your Members within a few minutes. Likewise, the end time is when the activity ends. At that time, the activity will expire and will no longer be displayed on the Member's activity listing.
Note: The ‘Start’ and ‘End’ times are based on the configured time zone of the manager creating the activity at the time of creation. Other Managers and Members will see these times converted in their configured time zones.
7. Points: Each activity can be assigned a point value that contributes to the leaderboard and rewards (should you use rewards).
8. Campaign: If you leverage grouping your activities into Campaigns, use the drop-down menu to select the campaign that this activity supports. The ‘Video’ activity can be featured and enabling this will position the activity at the top of the Members activities feed. You can also choose to allow your Members to edit the Message's contents.
Interacting With a LinkedIn ‘Video’ Activity as a Member
Once a LinkedIn ‘Video’ activity has been sent to your Gaggle, it will appear in the Member activities feed located under ‘Activities’ tabs. Should the Member choose to do this activity, they simply click ‘Share on LinkedIn.’
Member’s can also watch the video before making their decision to share by clicking on the video icon.
Once ‘Share on LinkedIn’ has been clicked, this activity will appear on the Member's LinkedIn page.
From the Mobile home screen, a Member can simply click ‘Share on LinkedIn’ from their Activities to share the video with their network.
Note: While LinkedIn video activities can be executed on a mobile device, they cannot be created from a mobile device. Please use the GaggleAMP desktop log-in found on our website to create a LinkedIn video activity for your Members to share.
Still have questions? Contact your Customer Success Manager or Submit a Support Ticket and we’d be happy to help!
Managers Who Read This Article Also Liked: