The following instructions describe how an authorized customer can set up a custom domain name with GaggleAMP’s URL Shortener Service:
- Acquire the Domain Name: Using your domain registrar of choice, purchase the domain name you would like to use.
- Setup the DNS Records for the Domain Name: Create a DNS "A Record" for your domain and set the value to "188.8.131.52". Contact your registrar for details on how to accomplish this.
- Notify GaggleAMP: Contact your GaggleAMP Sales Representative via email and notify them of the domain name that you have purchased and that the DNS is setup.
- Wait 72 Hours: At this point GaggleAMP will handle the remainder of the setup and integrate the new domain into your GaggleAMP Service. This process can take up to 72 hours.
- To verify that your DNS Records are properly setup, visit: http://<your custom domain name>/test (e.g., http://gag.gl/test). You should see the message "Your domain is setup correctly!"
- If you need technical support with any of these steps, please contact GaggleAMP Support.
- The domain name you acquire for use with GaggleAMP’s URL Shortener can ONLY be used for GaggleAMP service. You will NOT be able to use the domain name for any other purpose.
- The IP Address used in Step #2 for your domain's A Record may change in the future, though this will be a rare occurrence. If a change is necessary, GaggleAMP will provide at least 14 days notice.